** To celebrate our first major update, Boxy 2 is on sale for a limited time! **
Boxy 2 is finally here. This is a minimal and powerful e-mail client you’ll fall in love with, and it’s been rebuilt from the ground up with new features and themes, a thoroughly refined interface and countless improvements.
Boxy is built for ‘Inbox by Gmail’, so it works with any Gmail account. Inbox by Gmail makes your inbox smarter and more powerful, with features like Trips, Highlights, Snooze and Quick Replies.
** Featured on The Verge, The Next Web, Wired, Charged, LifeHacker, MacWorld, Netted by The Webbys, The Modern Desk and Gear Patrol. **
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BOXY
– Modern, clean, responsive interface, completely refined in version 2
– Multiple accounts and multiple windows support
– Status bar menu with quick access to your accounts and their unread counts
– Full support to ‘Inbox by Gmail’ and its distinctive features. (Trips bundles, reservations previews, saved links and much more)
– Reader Mode, for an awesome email reading experience
– Saved Searches, for users who frequently need to search using the same queries
– Multiple Themes. Choose between Light, Dark, White, Black and Crimson
– Native macOS notifications with avatars and Dock icon badge
– Markdown support in the email composer
– VIM and OS X style shortcuts support
– Full screen email composer
– Smaller minimum window size compared to all other clients
– Granular interface settings to make it perfect for you
– All in sync, start writing on Boxy e continue on mobile or web
– Regular free updates
And of course we fully support all of ‘Inbox by Gmail’ amazing features, like:
– Snooze your emails
– Automatically suggested smart replies
– Add Reminders right in your inbox
– Bundles keep emails organized
– ‘Trips’ smart bundle and previews
– Pin emails to keep them in your inbox
– Smart newsletters preview
– Google Calendar events parsing and invites shortcuts in the inbox
– ‘Saved’ bundle for your saved links
– Full archive search with smart queries
And so much more!
Boxy is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Gmail, Google, ‘Inbox by Gmail’ and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
What’s New in Version 2.0
Our first major update is finally here! We’ve been working on it for a long time, thanks so much to all our beta tester for their precious feedback.
– Brand new Multi-Account system. Faster and more reliable.
– New Status Bar Menu to quickly see and access your accounts.
– Global Notifications. We completely revamped our notification system, you’ll be notified about new messages in all your accounts.
– Saved Searches. You can now save your most used searches, which can also be triggered via shortcuts — a big productivity boost for e-mail hardcore users.
– Completely rewritten styling and refined interface design, with much better information density.
– Brand-new “Crimson” Theme.
– Redesigned White Theme.
– New app icon, and custom icons for specific themes.
– Account name is now in the app’s Nav Bar.
– New bigger font size option.
– Core stability and performance improvements due to completely rewritten core logic.
– Reader Mode button is now in the messages list. (appears when hovering on a message)
– Boxy’s windows are now titled and recognized by the system according to the open account. This is especially handy if you time tracking apps like “Timing”, which will not separate your accounts.
– Files can now be attached via a File Picker. (before it was only Drag & Drop)
– Better print support. Now printing attachments opens your default browser with the print dialog shown. Emails, instead, can be printed directly into Boxy.
– You can now hit Cmd + and Cmd – to change Boxy’s UI font size.
– Shortcuts to change accounts have been changed to Cmd+1, 2, 3…
– You can now change theme from the View menu.
– Also, account shortcuts now brings the app back in foreground if it was hidden.
– You can now add a new account directly in a new window. (hold Alt)
– More granular, per-account settings.
– New Interface > Hide email counts setting. (for real minimalists)
– Avatars in notifications are now proper Google avatars.
– Improved support for multi-screen setups. Now Boxy remembers all your opened accounts and upon launch restores them even with multiple screens attached.
– Better font size consistency.
– Improved logic to reconnect when Mac is offline when Boxy launches.
– Obviously, tons of bug fixes. (Thanks for all the reports and feedback!)
The best there is
With all the mail applicaitons out there, this one stands alone. Eeasy UI, great features, and reliable when you need it.
The latest version of this app fixes many of the bugs the last version suffered from. It now runs flawlessly. In fact, it even seems to run more smoothly than using Inbox in a browser, at least for me. The app is well worth purchasing for the convinence of having a shortcut in the dock alone, not to mention many of the features layered on top.
If you like the Google Inbox interface, this is the perfect native client version of that experience.