– Gold seasonal sweet spot – August and September – is coming
– Gold’s performance by month from 1979 to 2016 – must see table
– August sees average return of 1.4% and September of 2.5%
– September is best month to own gold, followed by January, November & August
by Palisade Research
Looking back at gold’s performance since 1979, August and September are big months for the yellow metal. What is the cause? No one really knows but there are some theories that have been thrown around.
The adage “sell in May and go away” is common in the mining sector. Investors are back from vacation and ready to deploy their cash in a big way. Concurrently, the largest financial crashes have occurred in September and October, investors are also buying gold to hedge their portfolios.
Indian wedding season is huge for gold, and if you have ever been to a traditional Indian, its easy to see why India is the World’s largest consumer of gold jewelry. Throw Christmas into the mix, and you have the perfect retail storm.
Lastly, the European Central Bank and 20 other European central banks are currently governed by a Central Bank Gold Agreement, which ensures all banks operate with transparency and do not engage in large uncoordinated gold sales. The Agreement dictates the limit in sales, and resets every September, meaning the market may see less selling activity.
In the 38 years we used for the chart, August had only 14 years of negative returns, while September had 13. Regardless if these theories are true or not, its hard to ignore the decades of data that suggest the best months of gold are yet to come.
For your perusal, below are our most popular guides in 2017:
Please share our research with family, friends and colleagues who you think would benefit from being informed by it.
Special Offer – Gold Sovereigns at 3% Premium – London Storage
We have a very special offer on Sovereigns for London Storage today. Own one of the most popular and liquid of all bullion coins – Gold Sovereigns – at the lowest rates in the market for storage.
- Limited Gold Sovereigns (0.2354 oz) available
- Pricing at spot + 3.0% premium
- Allocated, segregated storage in London
- Normally sell at spot gold plus 6.75% to 10%
- One of most sought after bullion coins in the world
- Mixed year, circulated bullion coins
- Minimum order size is 20 coins
These coins are at a very low price and with limited amounts at these record low prices we expect them to sell out very fast.
Call our office today
Liked this article? Make sure to visite the site. Max Keiser
Post author name: DEF
Post author URL:
Post import date:
Support your favorite site, please don't use ads blocker.